Sunday, January 13, 2013

WEEKEND AT THE MOVIES

   Well  I went to the matinee today and took in a Sunday morning movie. "Zero Dark Thirty" was on the menu for me. The price for a MJR early bird showing is only $5.00 and this is when I watch all the movies I go to see. I take in a bottle of water, and sometimes a little snack,usually a zip lock bag with some animal crackers, or grapes. On this day however, it was just my water. As I walked into the particular viewing room for my show, I could see I was running late. Already the main previews where wrapping up and the first scene was just beginning. I am a hard person to please with a movie. I expect to be drawn into a drama, and to be convinced by the director and moreover, the actors, to pull me into the story and make me feel as if I'm there at that moment.
   With that being said, I also hold actors and actresses to a high standard in their performance. Embodying, the character, and bringing the live of the story to show threw for a specific character the depth of the story is what makes or breaks a film for me, so getting the right cast is the hardest thing for a director I suppose.

So my opinion of "Zero Dark Thirty" is this. It was a little long for the dialogue riddled, action packless, marathon. The fact that there is a lot of time dedicated to this woman's insubordination through out the movie left me unamused.  The movie was not quite a spy thriller, and not quite an action movie, it had a bit of an identity crisis. Patriotic ... yes it was a spike the football, wave the flag, feel good about what we are doing movie. For that I was happy.

My final grade for depth of story.......... B-
My final grade for depth of characters....C-
My final grade for over all value.............. C+         

No comments:

Post a Comment