Sunday, January 20, 2013

WEEKEND AT THE MOVIES

Well since the big chill has settled into the Midwest, I decided to spend a couple hours in the comfy confines of a warm theater for a couple hours. So while I drank a hot cup of tea this morning, and skimmed through the Sunday morning edition of the Wall Street Journal,  I trolled the start times and found " Silver Linings Playbook"  I have to say, as my wife and I entered the theater we just wanted to hang out and unwind for a bit, and go home. With no expectations of the movie going in, I was surprised to find myself  enjoying the trials  and tribulations of (Bradly Cooper) Pat.    And Jennifer Lawrence was delightful and refreshing.  The cast was a well rounded group, even having high profile actors like Robert De Niro, , Chris Tucker and Julia Stiles, it didn't seem to overwhelm the story line. Which took on a hot topic now in America, mental health issues and how families deal with them. 

So here goes my rating    "Silver Linings Playbook"

Depth of story, story line............................C+
Depth of characters .................................. B+
Overall quality of movie..............................B- 

No comments:

Post a Comment